Are you looking for a specific produce? Something not available at the local grocers, mainly used for your cultural celebration or a unique traditional dish? Produce like coconut flower pods for Indian Weddings, fresh rosella native flowers for jam, bamboo poles for lemang or puto bumbong, or coconut leaves for weaving puto or ketupat. These are some examples we’ve been asked from in the past, and managed to successfully source.
If it is not already listed on our website, The Thorny Fruit Co as your online Exotic Produce Concierge Service may be able to help source it for you.
For almost two years, we have sourced rare or hard-to-find fresh Australian-grown exotic fruit, vegetables, and herbs for many of our Sydney household and restaurant customers. We specifically cater to the Southeast Asian cuisine and culture, as it is our speciality. However, we enjoy a challenge and would be more than happy to seek out other tropical and rare produce.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. REQUEST - Make a request by submitting a $25 deposit. This shows us you’re serious. Frankly, we’ve had too many change of mind requests that wastes precious time.
2. SOURCE - We will then source it for you through our network of suppliers, growers or importers. If we cannot source the requested produce, we will refund you $25.
3. QUOTE - When we find our source, we’ll provide you with a quote on the cost of goods, shipping/transportation, and your delivery or pick-up. (Source remains our business supplier IP and we reserve our right not to share contact.)
4. DECISION - If you decide not to proceed, your $25 deposit is forefeited. This deposit becomes our administration fee for time spent sourcing a non-commercial product.
However, if you decide to proceed and agree to the cost + shipping etc, then your $25 deposit will be part of and inclusive of the cost of goods paid.
5. CONFIRMATION - Once a price, cost and delivery arrangement has been agreed on, we’ll send you an invoice for payment.
6. FULFILLMENT - Upon confirmation and payment, we’ll proceed with fulfillment of your request as per agreement.
Who can use this service?
- * Household, hospitality F&B or commercial resellers
- * May be limited to residents of Sydney Metro only if produce has short shelf life, or logistic challenges
If you’re unsure this service is for you, please feel free to contact us directly with enquiries.