The Thorny Fruit Co. is an online-only concierge service providing you fresh Australian produce on-demand. We do not have a store-front or office that allows in-person customers.
Please read through how our service works:
- Online Store
- Concierge Service for households
- VIP Membership for households
- Food service requests
- AfterPay Payment Method
Do you have a shop?
Nope. The Thorny Fruit Co offers you the convenience as a time-saving personal shopper by sourcing guaranteed farm & market fresh produce. We enjoy being an online e-commerce business. This gives us the flexibility to serve you with minimal overheads. So we only buy what you need.
What the hell is an "Exotic Fruit Concierge Service"?
Yes, this is one of those never-been-done before service. We love being different!
“A concierge describes special, personal, and attentive service... Once exclusive to five-star hotels and luxury retailers, concierge-style customer service is something today’s mainstream businesses aspire to deliver.
Hotel concierges are known for being emotionally intelligent, observant and proactive. Their sole purpose is to find opportunities to make a guest’s stay memorable - often by anticipating their needs, making recommendations.”
We decided that this was the best way to describe what we do with the exotic tropical and rare produce that we supply our customers. We are only human, and can make mistakes - but we thrive on putting a smile on your faces when you get to enjoy the fruit we get for you.
Our online store displays produce available for purchase which are on-going or limited seasonal produce that are cut fresh to order, or limited supply fruit that is in-stock almost immediately or within the week.
If they are sold-out, they are usually not in season, out of stock, or limited to our VIPs only.
So, how does that work?
Most of the fresh produce on our online store are not readily stocked. Sometimes we'll get a tip from our supplier or farmer who are almost ready to harvest a produce. We have a few days or weeks lead time to collect orders. This ensures you get the produce fresher than in any shop!
When you can purchase an item on our website, you're essentially sending us a request to buy them for you. When you pay by credit card, the amount will be pre-authorised. We will only authorise payment when we know for certain the item you've ordered can be delivered. If you opt to pay via bank transfer, then we will refund you if we cannot fulfil the requested produce.
The other thing we cannot do is align the stars for you - some times a certain produce could be coming from Darwin one week, and another is available from Cairns now. If the produce available now does not last, we will request that we split your delivery in two.
- [PRE-ORDER] Supply is coming to Sydney soon. We are able to take orders to pre-determine the quantity to purchase.
- [LIMITED] We have supply on-hand now, but in small limited quantities.
- [COMING SOON] You won't be able to pre-order yet due to unknown market pricing, but the harvest is about to start. So hit that "Notify When Available" button to get notification when we'll start collecting pre-orders.
- [NOT IN SEASON] The produce is no longer available until the next season. Sometimes we may put an approximate month of its next availability. Hit that "Notify When Available" button to get an email when it comes back.
- [IN STOCK] This could apply to non-fresh, or frozen produce like our specialty durians. This indicates that we have access to stock in Sydney.
Are you looking for a specific fresh Australian-grown or imported tropical/exotic produce like kencur/cekur that's hard to find at your local greengrocers? Or want the convenience of not running around Sydney for a fruit like ciku/sapodilla that might not even be in season?
Use our convenient concierge service to get our personal shopper buying for you right from the source.
HOW IT WORKS
- $25 per request for 2 or 3 produce, excluding delivery & cost of produce
- Contact us to chat about what you're looking for. I'll let you know upfront if the produce is in season, not available or challenging to source before charging you
- Minimum order quantity is 1kg
- Access to convenient pickup points, or direct delivery options
Let's have a chat now - click the Message button on this page.
Our VIP membership is now BY INVITE ONLY for loyal, repeat customers. When you hit a minimum cumulative purchase over 6-12 months, we will send you an email invitation - which will allow you the following member benefits:
- Pre-order fresh premium quality Aussie exotic produce with a 5% discount
- Get exclusive & limited VIPs Only produce through TTFC VIP Facebook Group.
- Get frequent updates on seasonal exotic produce
- Access to our pickup partners, or direct delivery options
- Credit and refund guarantees
- Invites to exclusive TTFC events & food tours
Do you own or run a local food business? Are you interested in the sourcing our tropical/exotic produce like our fresh torch ginger flowers for your menu? Get in touch with us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via FB Messenger, and we'll be happy to chat.
Afterpay Approved Merchant FAQWhat is Afterpay?
Afterpay allows you to purchase from The Thorny Fruit Co online store and pay later in 4 easy interest-free instalments.How does Afterpay work?
To pay with Afterpay:
1. Add your items to the cart
2. Select Afterpay as the payment option at the checkout
3. Signup or use your existing Afterpay account
4. Once approved, The Thorny Fruit Co will despatch your order
No, there is no interest payable by you.Is there an order limit?
Yes, the maximum purchase amount using Afterpay on
Full terms & conditions are available at http://www.afterpay.com/termsHow often is repayment?
Afterpay offers your order to be paid in 4 instalments with repayment automatically occuring every 2 weeks.How do I sign up for Afterpay?
Select Afterpay as a payment method (or visit the website). You can register as you complete your purchase.How do returns work with Afterpay?
Merchants will be able to initiate all eligible refunds on your behalf. Once completed, your refund will be applied to your order.Does Afterpay charge interest?
There is no interest payable by you if you place an order using Afterpay.Can I place an Afterpay order with you over the phone?
Afterpay is available as an online payment method and requires login credentials for authorisation. Our team members or merchants are unable to place an order on your behalf.Where can I find out more about Afterpay?
DO YOU DELIVER?
Yes, we do! Currently within the Sydney Metro region only. However, selected produce - except our durians - can be sent via courier or express post. Visit our Delivery and Pick-up Options page for more information.