Returns & Refunds Policy
Quality and Produce
At The Thorny Fruit Co, we pride ourselves on the fresh quality of our products and service. It is important to remember that fruit and vegetables are a perishable, natural product that will react to their immediate indoor environment and external weather conditions. With experience and limitations from the produce sent, we ensure only the freshest and highest quality fruit/vegetables are hand selected and bought each day. Unfortunately once we dispatch our fruit/vegetables a number of changes in condition may result in their longevity being reduced.
Air conditioning, extreme heat or changes in climate may also have an adverse effect on the fruit. Unfortunately, with all the possible variables, it is difficult for The Thorny Fruit Co to guarantee the fruit/vegetable quality in every case.
Two-Day Return Policy
On average, the fresh produce should last between 24-48 hours and 5-7 days depending on the type of fruit or vegetables. Should your fruit or vegetables perish within 2 days of the delivery date and we are satisfied that all care instructions provided have been followed, The Thorny Fruit Co will be happy to resend new fruit/vegetable replacement.
The Thorny Fruit Co reserves the right to request photos or images of the original fruit/vegetables. The Thorny Fruit Co requires that any dissatisfaction with the freshness of the fruit/vegetables be communicated to Customer Service within 2 days of delivery.
To assist us in quality control, it is our policy to collect the original fruit/vegetables. Regretfully, we cannot arrange a resend of fresh fruit/vegetables to you if the original fruit/vegetables has been disposed of, or images are unavailable.
Should you need to cancel your order, money will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee, ONLY IF notice is received by The Thorny Fruit Co at min. 24 hours prior to the scheduled delivery date. We are unable to cancel orders that are already prepared and are with our courier for delivery. Cancellations received after the applicable period stated above (ea. if delivery is on the same day) are void. You may opt for the full refund value to be issued in a form of a gift voucher to avoid administrative fee. Contact us at shop@TheThornyFruit.com.au to discuss your options.
Refunds & Credit
As each fruit/vegetable is unique, so too, are your requirements and concerns surrounding your order. For that reason, we ask that you please contact us via email to discuss any queries or concerns you may have in relation to your fruit/vegetables received. A number of resolutions may be available to you and are subject to your particular situation.
If the value of your order is below $100, we will offer a credit on your next purchase. If it is above $100, we will keep a $50 administration & delivery fee and refund the balance.
WHEN WILL YOU NOT BE GIVEN A REFUND?
* Change of mind once order has been despatched or delivered.
* If the order was a pick-up, and after two attempts to contact you for collection, we will forfeit your order or $50 (whichever is lowest) as administration costs.
* Expectation of taste/flavour of produce such as durian, and jackfruit. Every fruit & vegetable has its own characteristic based on the growing condition, variety/cultivar traits. No produce will be 100% perfect or even in taste even when we do our best in picking the Class 1 or Export grade quality.
* Appearance. We pick fruit/veg for its general quality and grower’s reputation. Ugly, imperfect produce can still be great quality - and helps us reduce wastage on the planet. Exceptions are when the produce are overripe and mouldy.
* Commercial Reselling. If you are reselling our produce without a prior agreement with us, we will not provide any refund. If you hold a household Annual Membership, this membership will be revoked without any compensation.
* The Thorny Fruit Co reserves the right to its final decision including to void all guarantees and agreements based on the dispute resolution process.
Note: Any refunds for orders placed online are credited back to the original credit card on which the order was purchased, if that form of payment is selected. Refunds for membership purchases may be processed through the original credit card or bank account transfer only.