THIS IS ***NOT*** JACKFRUIT. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR JACKFRUIT.
NEXT SYDNEY DELIVERY - January/February 2021. All stock for 2020 is now sold out.
There may be limited Fresh Darwin Cempedak in-stock in January 2021.
You will receive a WHOLE Cempedak FRUIT that will be DEFROSTING at the time of delivery. We DO NOT MAKE GUARANTEES TO HOW MANY ARILS IS IN EACH CEMPEDAK BY WEIGHT/SIZE.
This is natural fruit, NOT GMO or a factory manufactured product. Photograph is merely an example and DOES NOT REFLECT the exact insides of the arils you will receive.
IMPORTANT: Delivery dates will be listed on the fruit you order. Please do not pick-up until you receive a “Ready to Pick-up” email or SMS notification.
Cempedak. Chempedak. Artocarpus Integer. This is a frozen WHOLE fruit red-fleshed variety cempedak from Malaysia. Eats deliciously honey-sweet, and beautiful soft MUSHY in texture.
‼️Stock is limited and will be in season from late October to early December based on fortnightly shipments from Malaysia . VIPs get 5% off.‼️
Select your fruit by size preference. Price quoted is per fruit:
- $20 - SMALL frozen fruit weighs between 900g to 1.4kg each
- $36 - MEDIUM frozen fruit weighs between 1.5kg to 2kg
- $45 - LARGE frozen fruit weighs between 2.1kg to 2.6kg
A species of tree in the family Moraceae, it is in the same family genus as breadfruit and jackfruit. But is nothing like jackfruit. Cempedak has a much softer sweeter burnt honey caramel-like flesh, with a strong scented fragrance, and eats like a fibrous ripened durian pulp. If you enjoy the texture of durian, you will likely enjoy cempedak.
Its dark red-brown scaly skin is much thinner than jackfruit, and has very little to no latex. Shapewise, these honey red cempedaks grows in a smaller long cylindrical shape - like "handbags”. And it is usually between 1kg to 3kg in size. It can grow as small as 800g with plenty of ripe mushy arils to enjoy for one person.
Cempedak is native to southeast Asia, especially from Malaysia and can also be found in Indonesia to the island of New Guinea.
In Australia, cempedak grow in the Northern Territory and Far North Queensland, and as far south as Northern NSW. NT Cempedak season follows after durian season usually in January. While QLD Cempedak season is in March/April.
Frozen Whole Honey Red Cempedak imported from Malaysia.
TIPS FOR DEFROSTING & EATING FROZEN CEMPEDAK
1. Do not store at room temperature if not consuming immediately. Always store in crisper/chiller section in your refrigerator (the space where fresh fruit and vegetable is kept).
2. We recommend that you cut immediately on the same day of receipt. Extract unfinished pulp, and store in a dry/air tight container inside crisper/chiller.
* The skin is sponge-like, and can be cut through easily even with minimal defrosting.