NEW SEASON SUPPLY from JUNE/JULY 2020. Available for Sydney Metro only.
The signature silky smooth, luxurious thick soft and creamy flesh with its underlying sweet alcoholic aftertaste is what makes the Black Thorn the most coveted durian. Also known as Ochee (meaning Black in Chinese) and Duri Hitam in Malay, this variety originates from Penang but has since been propagated with much desirability in other states.
The most logical story for its name is that this Black Thorn tends to have the dry, shrivelled remnant of the flower stamen still attached to the bottom, which looks like a long, skinny black thorn.
This “thorn” is quite fragile and tends to break off during the fall or during transit, so it’s not that useful for identification purposes. But all Black Thorns have a darkish lump in the slightly concave center of the bottom where the stamen broke off.
10kg bulk box $680
- $680 / 10kg box; $68/kg
- Approximate 4 to 6 pieces of whole fruit in each 10kg box
- Use this selection to order one whole 10kg box of Black Thorn durians
- Frozen imported durian, will be thawing out at the time of delivery/pick-up
- No VIP discount due to low margin.
2kg DEPOSIT $140/kg per single fruit
- Use this selection if you only want to order a single whole Black Thorn fruit with a deposit of $70/kg per fruit. If you wish to order more than one, please change the quantity at checkout.
- The approximate size of this durian ranges between 1.5 to 3kg.
- Frozen imported durian, will be thawing out at the time of delivery/pick-up.
- HOW IT WORKS? Once the actual durian is assigned to you, you’ll be required to pay the balance owing before pick-up/delivery.
E.g. If durian assigned is 2.2kg, the balance of $14 must be paid prior to delivery/pick-up. If your assigned durian is 1.8kg, we will refund you $14.
Each fruit or box of Black Thorn durian will be in the process of defrosting at the time of delivery/pickup.
Product of Malaysia. Available for Sydney metro pickups or home delivery only.