The Thorny Fruit Co is excited to announce its first foodie tour to Darwin, NT on the 21-24 Nov 2019. Discover, taste and learn about tropical produce in Northern Australia.
This whirlwind culinary exploration of Darwin will guide you through the region’s rich migrant culture and history via your stomach! Venture into the rural farmlands to learn about how your favourite exotic fruit and vegetables grow in the extreme climate of the Top End, as well as hear the stories of people from many different backgrounds who have dedicated their lives to the land, then combine it into a delicious meal.
Our accommodation are stylish and comfortable in downtown Darwin, with time in the evenings for you to explore the nightlife on your own. A pool is provided to help you cool down after a long hot day in the bush. Transportation is by private vehicle, or by boat.
- 3 Nights Accommodation
- Transfer to and from Darwin Airport
- 4 Days transportation around Darwin & surrounds
- 3 Breakfasts
- 3 local-style fresh lunches
- Dinner Cruise of Darwin Harbour
- Bush Tucker Educational Lunch
- Guided Tropical Fruit Farm Tours with Mango Tasting, Jackfruit Tasting, and Dragonfruit Tasting included
- Durian Tasting Session with Lindsay Gasik of Year of the Durian
- Guided trip to the local fresh market
- Amazing Jumping Crocs Adventure Tour
- Beatrice Hill and Surrounding Wetlands
PRICING BRACKET Minimum 3 people
- 3-5 foodies = $2,300
- 6-7 foodies = $2,000
- 8-9 foodies = $1,700
*$300 discount for people who sign up together (Twin Sharing accommodation).
- Flights NOT included. I can connect you to the Flight Centre agent doing the bookings.
- Full payment are non-refundable due to change of mind. However it is transferable / name change minus $100 administration fee.
- The price on this listing starts at 3 people. You will receive a refund for the different pricing tier balance when more people sign up, even after full payment is made.
- If the tour does not get minimum 3 participants, the tour will be cancelled and paid participants will be fully refunded.
- Members get 10% off tour price.