STOCK WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY/PICK-UP ON Thurs 6th May and 13th May 2021. Limited stock.
Fresh QLD coconut palm leaves for weaving into traditional rice casings - whether you know them as ketupat in Malay or Indonesia, kupat in Javanese or Sundanese, tipat in Balinese, or puso rice in the Philippines.
These coconut leaves from Queensland are cut and cleaned ready for weaving and cooking into your favourite traditional rice pouches. The leaves will come in varying shades of pale yellow to green, depending on age of the fronds.
In Malaysia and Indonesia, the ketupat is traditionally gifted during Hari Raya/Eid al-Fitri, Lebaran and Hari Raya Haji/Eid al-Adha.
Available only at selected times of year.
- 1 bundle of 10 leaves $20
- 2 bundle of 20 leaves $38
- 5 bundle of 50 leaves $95
- Malay-style woven ketupat (no rice) $18 for 5pcs
- Malay-style cooked ketupat (with rice) $5 each
- Malaysian 4 pcs Ketupat with Chicken Rendang $35
- Malaysian 4 pcs Ketupat with Beef Rendang $45
- Filipino-style woven puso (no rice) $15 for 5pcs
- Filipino-style cooked puso (with rice) $4 each
The Malay-style ketupat shape you’ll receive will either be Ketupat Bawang, or Ketupat Pasar. If you’d like a specific pattern, please add a note in Checkout.
If you are ordering for a special occasion, please also leave a note at checkout. We will need at least one week’s notice for each order.
If you wish to order Lechon with your Puso in Sydney NSW, we can recommend Kaon.
If you’re looking for cooked ketupat & curry/rendang in Sydney NSW, recommend ordering from Warong @ 66.
NOTE: Photos are stock photographs for illustration purposes, and does not represent actual product.