NEW SEASON 2021 durians from Davao. Wish you could try Filipino durians? Thanks to Year of the Durian, we’re making it possible to bring Taste of Davao sampler pack to Australia.
Savour 3 Varieties of Davao Durians in a frozen pack that includes Tasting Directions, and an order to eat them, so you can have a mini Filipino Durian Tour right in your own home!
This Durian Box includes *three* varieties from Davao, Philippines
These are 400g packets
- Arancillo: Sticky and milky-white, Arancillo has a lovely caramelized sugar and a slight alcoholic bitterness, like vanilla ice cream doused in kahlua & rum.
- Duyaya: The most “bitter” of the four, this robust and buttery durian has hints of whiskey.
- Puyat: The Philippines classic, this very fleshy durian is sweet and buttery with an intense metallic
- *Complimentary 100g sample of Marang OR Lanzones*
- *Complimentary 100g sample of Tableya (100% cacao)*
- Tasting Instructions and recommended order to eat them
- Video Farm Tours by licensed local tour guides to take you on a virtual Durian Tour through the farms
- Written Recipe and Video Instructions for making Tsikwate with the Tableya
- More educational materials
This is a Mail Order Durian package put together by Year of the Durian for Australia.
The Milky, The Bitter, The Bubbly
Philippine Durian is a bit in your face – in a good way.
This durian is richer, more pungent, and definitely fleshier than durian from other regions. Each piece is a hefty, abundant bite.
Although we’ve tried to select durian varieties to represent the full range of durian flavors – from sweeter and fruitier, to more like cookie dough, to fizzy berry liqueur — you’ll notice that the durians in this box have a more classic “duriany” aroma than from other regions.
Those of you who love strong, very creamy durian should love this box. It’s a good choice for you Bitter-Buyers too.
Those of you who love very mild, very sweet, delicate, rosé or fruity durians – perhaps this is not the Durian Box for you.
This is a Durian-Tour-In-A-Box; intended to bring you a mini at-home experience of Lindsay’s Davao Durian Tour.
Our tours are totally Durian Centric, but we find so many other cool fruits along the way that we felt this Davao Durian Box would not be complete without the essentials: Marang, Lanzones, and Chocolate.
Tableya is a traditional 100% chocolate drink that we love to indulge in every morning on tour and often on the farms too during snack breaks. The Tableya in your box was grown directly under the Duyaya trees on the Belviz Farm and is intended as a cozy palette-cleanser between durian rounds.
And no trip to Philippines would be complete without Marang, the ultra-soft, slippery, powdered-sugar vanilla and gasoline cousin of Jackfruit, or the gummy, finger-staining, grapefruit-like lanzones!
The extra packet of marang and lanzones is included at random, so you don’t know which one you’re gonna get!
[Photo credits to Lindsay Gasik, Cooked Cartilage, and Urban Fruit Forager.]